Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Going Green--A Little Rant

I know we’re supposed to be going “green” and all on campus this year (along with everybody else--Yeah, right, Walmart, which doesn't sell anything that's not from China,--is "going green"). But I tried cutting the lawn with a push mower the other day, thinking that it would be good exercise and save on the carbon emission and all that rah-rah stuff. Well, I thought I was going to die! Now maybe I’m just a wuss looking for an excuse, but I think I’d be better off using up the one-fifth of a gallon of gasoline it takes for me to mow with internal combustion power than having to spend a half hour in the shower and an hour in front of a fan in order to recover from heat stroke. Or maybe we should just let our lawns revert to prairie. But then the City will fine us for not maintaining our property.